The Chocolate Haus is Located in the world famous, historic Amana Colonies. We pride ourselves in producing only highly superb quality chocolates and coffee drinks while giving top notch customer service to the hundreds of thousands of tourist that stop in each year.
Below you will find the current career opportunities.
Customer Service Associate (Part-Time)
You'll serve our friendly customers using our ipad POS system, wrap fudge & caramel, make espresso drinks, smoothies, box chocolates, mail orders, contribute to social media & more!
- Adheres to all The Chocolate Haus policy and procedures.
- Time is spent daily on motivating your amazing team, training incredible new team members, inventory and mail order management, daily emphasis on customer service, candy and drink making as well as overseeing all store operations and potentially managing team on all social media.
- The Manager will be extremely creative and driven beyond belief, while creating a selling culture that is both fierce and impressive.
- Sets the tone by embracing and living the Chocolate Haus Values! These values translate into creating and establishing our brand where talented people want to be a part of growing the business.
- Unleash Passion: Check your ego at the
- Integrity: Do the RIGHT THING even when nobody is watching. Lead by example. Treat The Chocolate Haus like your own business and hire talent that will do the same.
- Achieve the Impossible : Set the bar high for self and team and make sure to go above and beyond in reaching all the expectations.
- Work Hard, Have Fun, Sell Chocolate, while creating a GREAT customer experience with GREAT team morale: Come to work ready to take on the day, create a fun atmosphere and recognize the team for all the efforts while finding joy in our ever-changing, fast paced environment.
- Performs leadership, supervisory, administrative duties as well as store inventory management, sanitation’s, creative candy making, marketing, manage internet sales, mail orders, wholesale, and more!
- Trains and develops all staff, writes and assists in competency development reviews and annual performance assessments
- Responsible for managing and executing overall store standards
- Drives overall profitability for store focusing on total store sales (including online sales) inventory management, team efficiency and expense control
- Responsible for ensuring the proper execution of all cash handling policies including opening and closing procedures, petty cash, bank deposits
- Partners with the owner for employee coaching / counseling , performance documentation and associate relations matters as well as events, festivals, team schedules, supplies and inventory.
- Reviews all owner communications and prioritizes/plans accordingly knowing what is especially important to the owner and The Chocolate Haus values.
- Ensuring compliance with state sanitation and Human Resources policies and procedures
- Adheres to all standard operating procedures and policies and trains team to do so as well.
- Responsible for merchandising procedures and stock levels and proper delegating and supervising of anyone else leading this.
- Ensures top priorities-customer service, orders, candy making, boxing, internet product photos, social media posts, videos and cleaning are completed on time
- Oversees successful receiving and stocking procedures are properly followed and maintained
- Ensuring exceptional customer service is executed by all associates through training for high levels of customer engagement and role modeling ideal behaviors.
- Collaborates with our VA and social media guru on marketing our online presence, SEO, daily topics, videos and photos for the calendar month, as well as analyzing data on successful sales funnels and more.
- Holds all associates accountable for their job responsibilities
- Partners with owner and managers on strategizing our continued growth.
Essential Job Functions
- Frequently operate computer and printer, iPads-POS system, shipping app, social media apps, stove, blenders, espresso machines, and tempering machines.
- Frequently position self to kneel, bend, twist, reach and stoop, including in the backroom and on the sales floor
- Frequently communicate and exchange information with customers on the phone, face-to-face in the store, engage with followers on social media, as well as with managers and coworkers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Frequently move across the sales floor directing associates and assisting customers, as well as to and from the back office and up the stairs.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of retail or restaurant management experience preferred.
- Must be able to show track record of successfully managing team of 10 and more as well as prove past strategies and successes in sales growth
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs, stand on feet for long periods of time, reach, bend, squat and go up and down stairs.